Campus Científico y Tecnológico de la Energía y el Medio Ambiente
Medio centenar de grupos de investigación
Campus Científico y Tecnológico de la Energía y el Medio Ambiente
- British scientist James Clark explains business opportunities of green chemistry in the 2014 E2KW Congress. The teacher appealed to the collaboration between scientists and other professionals to “look trash from another point of view.” Learn more HERE.
- Professor Manuel Andrés Rodrigo, has published the article “Electrochemically Assisted Remediation of Pesticides in Soils and Water: A Review” in Chemical Reviews (Impact Factor 45,661), the non medical journal with the highest impact. The work has been published with two other researchers at the University Paris Est Créteil, attached to CYTEMA. Manuel Rodrigo’s article is the result of his stay as a visiting professor at the University Paris Est, attached to the Campus of International Excellence CYTEMA university. Learn more HERE.
- CYTEMA Poster Award under the Fourth Conference of PhD at the University of Castilla-La Mancha. In order to prioritize the quality of research and to encourage young researchers, on October 7, 2014 the CYTEMA awarded Guadalupe Arce Gonzalez and Antonio de la Torre Parra with prizes for the best poster.
- The Spanish Technology Platform of CO2 (PTECO2) announces the PTECO2 awards to “The best doctoral thesis in CCS technologies” and “Best Final Project -Bachelor- in CCS technologies“. The purpose of these awards is to promote and disseminate research in areas related to capture technologies, transport, storage and use of CO2 (CCS technology). The deadline for applying is October 30, 2014. All information nedeed is available on the website: http://www.pteco2.es
- CIEMAT announces contracts for 14 predoctoral trainee research staff. The announcement will be published on 22 September in the CIEMAT website. Click HERE for more information.
- Summer Science Campus in RTVE:
Full newscast HERE
- The Plateu Team team holds the 15th position of 20 selected to participate in the final phase of the international university competition Solar Decathlon 2014. The team had the opportunity to build in Versailles an efficient housing prototype known as “Villa Solar “.The Plateu Team is a multidisciplinary team of 40 students from the University of Alcalá de Henares and the University of Castilla-La Mancha, whose enthusiasm and effort has enabled the project to be real. The project has received the support of Vice President for research and Science Policy at the University of Castilla-La Mancha, through CYTEMA Project. The Solar Decathlon is a competition event originating from the U.S., and took place in France for the 2014 edition . The video of the assembly process of the project is available HERE. It is also possible to visit the house at 360˚ for full details of the internal HERE. More information HERE.
- UCLM participates for the first time in Summer Science Campus with four projects. Secondary students outline their scientific vocation in UCLM this summer. More information HERE.
- Collaboration Agreement between UCLM and EAN of Colombia. This collaboration agreement for the exchange of teachers and students between the two institutions was signed in Ciudad Real. This will expand the work of both universities for science, technology and engineering.
- The Scientific Roja´s “cracks”. The science magazine ‘Quo’ has appointed a jury for making national selectors to choose 13 brilliant scientists who deserve to wear the shirt of the national team. More information HERE.
- The electric car designed and developed in EIMIA and sponsored by CYTEMA, occupied the 6th position in the latest edition of the Shell Eco Marathon. This position in the ranking is a big improvement on the classification compared to the first participation last year. More information HERE.
- UCLM appears among the 750 best universities in the world and is ranked 513 in scientific impact by normalized number of citations (MNCS), in the prestigious Lieden ranking. More information HERE.
- An UCLM Research draws China as a Pollution Haven of Spain. Seconded to CYTEMA, Luis Antonio Lopez, Guadalupe Arce and Jorge Enrique Zafrilla – from the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of Albacete -, conclude that trade between Spain and China increases global emissions of carbon dioxide. More information HERE.
- Young Talent Award for Sustainable Water Management´s Call is now open. It consists of a 1,500 € prize for each of its three forms. All information HERE.
- UCLM participates in a European project to improve the maintenance of concentrating solar plants. Researchers and professionals involved in the Intersolar Project maintain a working meeting on the campus of Ciudad Real in order to discuss the development of this work, which began in July 2013 and will run for two years and funding of 1 5 million euros. More information HERE.
- CYTEMA will participate in the Scientific Summer Campus MECD with four projects. Summer courses will be held from June 30 to July 25, 2014, under the organization of the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) and the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (MECD). The themes are building robots, designing bridges, chemical and material recycling technologies, and food processing. More information HERE.
- The Campus of International Excellence CYTEMA UCLM gets top rating.
An ‘A’ or maximum grade is what has obtained the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), the Science and Technology Campus of Energy and Environment (CYTEMA), after being evaluated by an international commission of experts appointed by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (MECD), the result was published yesterday by the University Council. The commission describes in its report to CYTEMA as a “vibrant, well managed and governed project that has succeeded despite financial difficulties and could be a model of how a university can mobilize its resources to address global development challenge environmentally sustainable. “Follow the news HERE.
Therefore, you can see the monitoring report just clicking HERE.
- Follow us on twitter! @cytema
Aids Call for stays in other Universities and Research Centers, Post-Doctoral Fellowship CYTEMA-PUENTE.
Call for Teaching Collaboration Projects and linkage with Vocational Training on Energy and Environment
Deadline for submission: From 16 to 31 January 2014
More information HERE
QUILO DE CIENCIA
The strategic alliance to consolidate the ICE UCLM refers to the 8 institutions and companies in the CYTEMA:
Energy and Environment Science and Technology Campus.
- A fortnight research institutes.
- Fifty research groups.
- More than 400 researchers.
The International Campus of Excellence Program is part of the Strategy 2015 which sought modernization of Spanish universities.
International Campus of Excellence.
Biodiesel Production via Gasification